<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.cataldolife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Captain America & His English Rose: Tri-Tip Marinade

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Tri-Tip Marinade

I love tri-tip! I LOVE meat and don't think I could ever be a vegetarian! I sometimes wonder how I lived for 27 years in the UK without it!  For those of you not living in the western United States here is a link to find out more about tri-tip.
Tri-tip information

It is delicious, moist, easy and when cooked right, melts in the mouth!

I decided to make a marinade for the tri-tip, but couldn't find anything that seemed to take my fancy, so I do what I usually do in these situations and made up the recipe.  This was a huge risk, as Captain America makes great marinades for steak and tri-tip, and he was the one with the craving which I was potentially going to ruin!

I think it turned out really well, Captain America disagrees....he liked it but personally prefers his marinades more salty and less sweet.  I decided to post it anyway and let you decide!  Be warned this is a savory marinade but it airs more on the sweeter side than the smoky BBQ traditional marinades...but try it and see what you think!  I would love your feedback!



Firstly, as I mentioned in a previous blog - I am a HUGE fan of the Vitamix......one of the best kitchen gadgets you could ever invest in!  I use mine everyday, and in nearly all of the recipes. I seem to find a new use for it at every turn.  "But they are over $500" I hear you cry! Best $500 you will ever spend....promise!
Here is a guide to wet chopping onions and garlic.......this alone should convince you to buy one!


Chop onion into quarters, removing skin and the nasty base part. Throw in vitamix. Add garlic cloves (we buy the pre-peeled kind....so cheap, so easy!)


Add water to vitamix so ingredients are covered



Place vitamix on base, with the lid firmly sealed.  Turn to setting 1, press start, slowly increase the dial to setting 3, and blend for 10 seconds.


Drain in colander!
You have finely chopped onions and garlic, no tears, that is usually only achieved by a master chef!
And to top it off, the vitamix is self cleaning!  Just fill halfway with warm water, add a little dish soap, turn to setting 1, slowly increase to maximum power and blend for 15 seconds, and rinse!



In a large bowl add 1/2 C brown sugar


Add 1 bottle of beer....any kind works!


Add diced onion and garlic


Add seasonings


Stir well


Wash and dry the tri-tip


Place tri-tip in a large resealable bag, and add the marinade.  Mix thoroughly.


 Refrigerate until you need to cook it - at least 1 hour.

Grill on medium heat BBQ for 30 mins, turning frequently to ensure even cooking. 
Let the tri-tip rest for 10 mins after cooking.


Serve....and enjoy!



Ingredients


1 large tri-tip roast
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 C balsamic vinegar
1 bottle of beer
1 medium onion, finely chopped
10 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp ground mustard
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp black pepper
2 tbsp dried parsley
2 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp Liquid smoke Hickory flavor

Directions



1) In a large bowl add 1/2 C brown sugar. Add 1 bottle of beer. Add diced onion and garlic.  Add seasonings.  Stir well

2) Wash and dry the tri-tip

3) Place tri-tip in a large resealable bag, and add the marinade.  Mix thoroughly. Refrigerate until you need to cook it - at least 1 hour.

4) Grill on medium heat BBQ for 30 mins, turning frequently to ensure even cooking. 
Let the tri-tip rest for 10 mins after cooking.

5) Serve....and enjoy!







Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At February 28, 2013 at 6:54 PM , Blogger Indescribable said...

Yes, and just who is the one who really pushed about the great uses of a Vita-Mix?!!!!

 
At February 28, 2013 at 8:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Check out the Banana Bread recipe - I mentioned "my friends who recommended Vitamix"!!!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I really value your feedback!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home