<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.cataldolife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Captain America & His English Rose: Crab Dip

Monday, February 4, 2013

Crab Dip

Growing up in a land-locked part of the UK I never ate much crab.....but then I married a Sicilian and apparently crab is a staple ingredient of every Sicilians diet!  Every Christmas Eve is celebrated with a seafood smorgasbord, with fresh crab being one of the main dishes.

Trying to find my way in this new culture, I turned to the only place I know to find good recipes.....the Internet!  Be it Google, Pinterest or a fellow blogger, I trawl the Internet searching for inspiration and good recipes.

This one I found from the infamous Pioneer Woman, she appears to be this amazing lady who cooks like a genius!  I am inspired by her, all her recipes I have tried so far are wonderful, and she writes them in a similar style to me, easy going, to the point with an ounce of sarcasm and wit!  I aspire to be even half the blogger she is!

Here is my adaptation of her recipe for Crab Dip....I have tried it twice now, as it was brought back the second time by popular demand!  As with all my recipes, simple and quick and delicious is the key with me, and this is all of those!




 Place cream cheese and mayonnaise in a bowl.


Beat with a hand mixer to combine.


Add all remaining ingredients and beat gently until just combined. 


I add the green onions separately and then stir them in by hand. The Herb Scissors (shown below) I used are AMAZING! One of my favorite kitchen gadgets, they are $8.95 from Crate & Barrel.



Spoon into a heatproof baking dish, then bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and bubbly on top.




Ingredients

2 packages 8 oz Cream Cheese
2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
2 cans (7-ounce Each) Crabmeat (or Use Fresh Or Frozen or canned)
6 whole Green Onions, Sliced
2 Tbsp Whole Milk (I use Rice milk as my husband is lactose intolerant)
2-3 Tbsp Horseradish (more To Taste)
1 tsp Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
5 dashes Tabasco (more Or Less To Taste)

Directions


Place cream cheese and mayonnaise in a bowl. Beat with a hand mixer to combine. Add all remaining ingredients and beat gently until just combined. Spoon into a heatproof baking dish, then bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and bubbly on top. Serve with corn chips or crackers.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I really value your feedback!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home